1. No sale of personal information. Elect435 will not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
2. Information you provide through the account creation and update process. When you create an account on the Website, we collect basic information about you through the registration process – your name, email address, and a means to authenticate your account (for example, a password). You may also choose to provide additional information through the account creation and update process, such as the person who referred you to Elect435, your address, your local group, a picture as well as information to facilitate donations to candidates (e.g. employer name, job title, as required by FEC rules regarding political contributions).
You can review and update the account information you provide to Elect435 through the Website by logging into your account on the Website. We collect any additional information you choose to provide us when you update your account on the Website.
3. Information displayed on your User page. When you register for an account on the Website, there is an optional account setting to establish a public profile page that will be automatically created for you. This page shows to the public your first name, area of residence (city, state/province and country), any group affiliation you may have, a listing of your candidate portfolio and the date on which you created an account on the Website.
You may also choose to provide other information on your profile page (for example, your occupation, a description of your group or any other information you would like others to know about the candidates you have selected, and a listing of the donations and volunteer activities you have made for candidates in your portfolio). You can review and update the profile page through your account settings on the Website.
4. Information collected and displayed about donations that you have made (“Donation Transactions”). Elect435 collects information on your Donation Transactions, individually (for example, amount of a donation, recipient of the donation, the location of the recipient) and in the aggregate (for example, by region or by advocacy group). If you have created an account on the Website and made donations through your account, Elect435 makes information on these Donation Transactions available to you on your portfolio page on the Website. Except as noted in Section 10 below, Elect435 will not disclose your personally identifiable Donation Transaction information to any third party without your consent.
If you have set your profile setting to “Public”, information on Donation Transactions conducted through your Account is optionally displayed on your public profile page. Elect435 may further publicly display and disclose your Donation Transaction information in an anonymous manner, for example, as part of the latest activity of any Advocacy Group to which you may have attributed the Donation, or as part of the current activity on the Website (a sum of all donations to date for a candidate, for example) and as part of a historical visualization of activity on the Website. If you have created an account on the Website and conducted Donation Transactions through your account, you can review information for these Donation Transactions by logging into your account on the Website.
5. Information collected, displayed and used for other Website and Program features. As you use additional features on the Website we may collect any additional information that you provide as part of using such features in order to facilitate the operation of these features on the Website.
a. Campaign Teams. If you join a Campaign Team and you have a public profile, information about your Campaign Team will be displayed on your public profile page (for example, Campaign Team name and location, as well as the number of Donations made by the Campaign Team). In turn, you will be displayed as a member of the Campaign Team either in a personally identifiable or anonymous manner (depending on your profile setting). Information about the Donation Transactions that you have attributed to a Campaign Team (individually and in the aggregate) also will be displayed as part of Donations made by that Campaign Team. You can review your Campaign Team information by logging into your account on the Website.
b. Donations. Elect435 collects information on any donations you make to Elect435 or to the campaigns, needed to communicate with you (for example, to provide donation confirmations) via your email address, physical address or through other means of contact that you have chosen to provide to Elect435. Furthermore, in order to be compliant with FEC regulations, Elect435 must disclose donor information regarding name, address, email, employer and employment details to the Donation Recipient – the campaign. This information is transferred through a third-party transaction processor which stores this information, along with credit card details. All campaign donations are distributed directly to the referenced campaign via the third-party transaction processor. No credit card details are stored by Elect435. At no time does Elect435 collect money on behalf of campaigns for future distribution.
c. Integrated third party features. If you use features on the Website that are integrated with third party websites or services (for example, Twitter and Facebook) to share information about your activity on the Website (for example, information about recently completed Donation Transactions and whether you “like” Elect435) through the third party website or service, Elect435 will share this information with the third party website or service and additional information, if any, that you choose to provide to Elect435 in order to use these features (for example, your username for the third party website or service). However, Elect435 reserves the right to withhold or withdraw information related to candidates to the extent necessary to protect the privacy of candidates. If you use interactive features on Elect435 to indicate that you "recommend" a particular feature or listing on Elect435, that information will be collected and may be displayed on the Website and furthermore shared on any applicable third-party websites and services to which you have authorized such information sharing.
d. Customer service. If you contact Elect435 customer service, we will collect the information you provide (for example, your name, email address, physical address, phone number and question/comment) in order to contact you and address your question or comment.
e. Applications. If you submit an application to Elect435 (for example, to be an employee, volunteer, borrower, trustee or field partner), we collect the information you submit (for example, name, phone number, resume, cover letter and position of interest) to assess the application and follow up with you on such submission.
7. Electronic communications. From time to time you will receive notices and information based on your account status or activity (collectively, "Communications") from Elect435 (for example, confirmations of Donations you have made, confirmation of email address or password changes, or customer service inquiries regarding the status of or activity in your account). By creating an account with Elect435 on the Website, you agree that all Communications from Elect435 relating to your use of the Website may be provided or made available to you electronically by e-mail or at the Website. To access the Communications electronically, you will need to use a computer with Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Chrome 4.0 or above, Safari 4.0 or above, Opera 10.0 or above or Firefox internet browsers and with hardware capable of running these internet browsers.
You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically by contacting Elect435 in the manner described below. However, if you withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically from Elect435 (other than for the optional emails described in Section 9 (Optional emails) below), Elect435 will not have the ability to permit you to make Donations through your account on the Website. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legal validity and enforceability of electronic Communications provided by us or any electronic Communications provided by or on behalf of Elect435 prior to the time you withdraw your consent. It is your responsibility to keep Elect435 informed of any changes in your email address so that you continue to receive all Communications without interruption. By registering on the Website, you acknowledge that you can access the electronic Communications, and you consent to having all Communications provided or made available to you in electronic form.
9. Optional emails. By default, you will receive the following types of emails from Elect435, but you can choose not to receive these emails through a preference on the My Account, Email Preferences section of the Website or in the email: auto donating notifications, Elect435 news, portfolio candidate news, portfolio candidate volunteer opportunities, Donation updates, group messages and team messages.
10. Disclosure to affiliates, service providers, agents and representatives. We will disclose your personal information to third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. Elect435's affiliates and service providers, agents and representatives of Elect435 and its affiliates may be provided access to your personally identifiable information as part of, or incident to, their provision of services to Elect435 (for example, processing donation transactions, distributing Elect435 emails and fulfilling physical Elect435 Card orders). All such access shall be under appropriate confidentiality agreements and limited to use to provide services to Elect435 to perform the functions of the website.
11. Disclosure of non-personally identifiable data. Elect435 reserves the right to disclose information that does not directly identify you, for example, aggregated or anonymized data, for educational, informational or promotional purposes in furtherance of Elect435’s mission.
14. Access to your information. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove your information by making the change on the My Account, Profile section of the Website.
You may terminate your account on the Website at any time. This will remove all information regarding your account from our systems, except information which we are legally required to track to comply with FEC campaign finance regulations.
16. Public Forums. Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
17. Note regarding children under 13. The Website is intended to be used by adults. It is not intended for children, and Elect435 does not want to collect any personal information for persons who are under the age of 13. You agree not to post nor permit others to post on your behalf, any personally identifiable information with respect to persons under the age of 13. If you believe that we have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Security. Elect435 takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical such as encrypting transmission of information using SSL and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and modification of personal information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
5 Castle Road, Lexington, MA 02420